Reporting to the Sales Director, Ontario, the Field Sales Manager (FSM) is responsible for leading and managing the Ontario sales team. Using coaching, training and development of the sales team (9 territory managers), the FSM ensures the implementation of the strategies and initiatives defined for our brands.
Toronto | Full Time
Field Sales Manager
- Develop and oversee daily/weekly route planning
- Develop and implement sales strategies, tactics and operational plans for sales and distribution of wines and spirits
- Manage key customer relationships and actively participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly sales initiatives and goals
- Identify and maximize sales objectives by territory
- Provide competitive analysis for brand performance and competition through ongoing market research and analysis
- Monitor and review expense reports to effectively manage the T&E budget
- Lead the execution on key sales initiatives such as brand launches, promotional programs, distribution drives
- Track, rank, publish results on all key initiatives
- Ensure discipline and implementation of the CRM tool
- Create a strategy for sales growth in the licensee channel
- Hire, train, on-board all new territory managers
Education and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Five (5) years of sales management and coaching experience, leading high performing teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and dynamic leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and respect tight deadlines.
- Completed training in the wine industry (WSET) is a strong asset.
- Ability to attend evening and weekends events
- Own a car and a valid driver’s license