Reporting to the General Manager, Western Canada, the Sales Director is responsible for providing leadership for the sales team and oversee the management of sales channels and operations in the assigned region, implementing effective and innovative strategies that uphold the integrity of the Dandurand brand.
Calgary | Full Time
Sales Director - Alberta
- Provide leadership to the regional sales team and foster a culture of success, accountability, professional development, high performance and ethical behaviour.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, tactics and operational plans for sales and distribution of wines within the Dandurand portfolio.
- Manage key customer relationships and actively participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Support and develop all sales representatives through coaching and training initiatives.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly sales initiatives and goals.
- Track, rank and publish results.
- Identify sales objectives by territory.
- Provide competitive analysis for brand performance and competitive set.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration
- Master’s degree in business administration is an asset.
- Ten (10) years of sales management experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience leading high performing teams.
Qualifications / Special Skills
- Monitor and review expense reports to effectively manage the T&E budget.
- Correspond proactively with all corporate partners to maintain positive and long-term business relationship.
- Develop and oversee daily/weekly route planning with all sales representatives.
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and dynamic leadership capabilities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Highly effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to develop effective presentations.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Familiarity managing budgets.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and respect tight deadlines.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Proven success building a market strategy and corporate sales plan.
- Available to attend evening and weekend events.
- Display a high degree of integrity in the workplace.