Charmed by the Marquetterie Château he had discovered during the First World War, Pierre Taittinger purchased it from the Forest-Fourneaux champagne house in 1932.
The wine and gastronomy enthusiast thus turned all of his efforts toward the nurturing of vineyards planted with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. His efforts were justly rewarded, with the house quickly recognized as one of the great Champagne Houses of the late 1930s.
Sold in the 2000s, the House was returned to the family in 2006 through the intervention of Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger, grandson of the founder. Pierre-Emmanuel is surrounded by a young, dynamic and close-knit team, driven by a collective spirit of achievement and continuity. His daughter Vitalie and son Clovis now work alongside him.